Healthy Meal Plan: Dinner
Chicken and Mango Stir Fry Ingredient List:
- 350ml chicken stock
- 75ml soya sauce
- 5 tsp cornflower
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 2lb chicken breasts
- 2tsp coconut/olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 mango
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- basil to garnish
- soba noodles/rice to serve
- Mix together the chicken stock, soya sauce, 2tsp of the cornflower and rice vinegar.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Add 3tsp of the cornflower to the chicken breasts in a bowl then season.
- In a large saucepan heat up the oil then braise the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and toss into a separate bowl leaving any remaining oil in the saucepan.
- Chop up the mango, pepper and onion, then toss into the saucepan along with the garlic (pressed), cook for 3/4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in the saucepan over a medium heat, then pour in the sauce prepared earlier.
- Stir constantly while the sauce simmers and thickens (this should take about 2 minutes).
Can be served with rice, pasta, couscous or soba noodles and seasoned with basil.
To add some veggies you can steam some spinach, kale or any green leafy vegetable.